This is an expression used to acknowledge or praise the National Electric Power Authority when electricity supply is restored. It means “thumbs up Nepa, power is back!” A true Nigerian experience is experiencing regular power outages!
Although the name the government organization “NEPA” no longer exists due to its change of name to PHNC (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) and its subsequent privatization, the name has stuck to Nigerians and has probably become one of the country’s most unique identities.
Other meanings of NEPA include:
Never Expect Power Always
No Electrical Power at All
NEPA plc: No Electrical Power at all; please light candle
PHCN: Please Hold a Candle Now!
Spacious and trendy tote bag to help you carry around everything that matters.
• 100% spun polyester fabric
• Bag 15″ x 15″ (38.1cm x 38.1cm)
• Capacity – 2.6 US gal (10l)
• Maximum weight limit – 44lbs (20kg)
• Dual handles 100% natural cotton bull denim
• Handle length 11.8″ (30 cm), width 1″ (2.5cm)